PAPAL VISIT - COACH PARKING REGISTRATION
The Public Transport Regulation Division. have issued the following in response to queries received in relation to the forthcoming Papal Visit, please see the following FAQ.
- What are the coach parking arrangements for Croke Park on Saturday 25 August?
- An Garda Síochána have yet to finalise the Traffic Management Plan for this event. As soon as they do, the Authority will forward the information.
- Will the free public transport within Knock and Dublin include those travelling on private coaches?
- Yes. If the passenger can show a valid ticket for the event in Knock Shrine or the Papal Mass, they will be able to avail of the free public transport being provided.
- How do I book Coach Parking for the Papal Mass in the Phoenix Park?
- Coach Parking has been organised by the World Meeting of Families. It can be booked until 11pm on Friday 03 August. To ensure that you are assigned a space on the day, you must register your vehicles in advance on the following website: https://eventgen.ie/phoenix-park-final-mass-private-coach-operators
- Where are the Coach Parks for the Papal Mass in the Phoenix Park?
- The Coach Parks are in the Bluebell Industrial Estate; Harris Hino, Kylemore Road; Kylemore Way; and an additional Coach Park has been procured in the Docklands. For this last Coach Park passengers can take the Luas, a bus shuttle/walk to Connolly and take shuttle to Ashtown. The three other Coach Parks are less 3kms from the Phoenix Park, and less than 4kms from the Mass site itself. There will no shuttle buses these three Coach Parks to the Phoenix Park. You will be allocated a Coach Park directly by the World Meeting of Families after you have registered your vehicle(s). Please see the attached map for traffic & walking routes.
- Will there be shuttle buses operating from the Coach Parks to the Papal Mass in the Phoenix Park?
- See above.
- Will Coaches be able to drop off/ park closer to the Phoenix Park than the Coach Parks?
- No. Coaches must arrive in the Coach Parks and disembark all of their passengers there. No coaches will be permitted any closer than these Coach Parks. This is for safety reasons, due to the large volumes of people walking to the Park. As per the World Meeting of Families, An Garda Síochána, and the Authority’s communications all pilgrims will have to include some walking and should wear appropriate footwear and clothing.
- What routes are available to Coach Operators?
- Please see the attached map for traffic routes. Traffic will only be permitted on the highlighted routes within the Controlled Access Zone. This Zone will be strictly enforced by An Garda Síochána. As above, this is for safety reasons.
- Will any public transport be permitted on Conyngham Road/ closer to or into the Phoenix Park?
- No, as above An Garda Síochána will strictly enforce the traffic within the Controlled Access Zone.
- What time will people leave the Phoenix Park?
- The Mass will begin at 3pm. Thereafter, timings cannot be accurate. Given there will be in excess of 500,000 pilgrims in attendance it is not possible to give accurate timings for the rest of the Mass, nor the time necessary for the safe egress of all pilgrims from the Phoenix Park. To give some idea of the scale, this is the equivalent of the capacity of seven All-Ireland Finals leaving at the same time.
click HERE for maps
click HERE to book Private Coach parking spaces (takes you to an external site)