It is not something that you want to think about when planning and organising your wedding, but things, outside of your control, can, and do, go wrong. A couple may purchase Wedding Insurance up to a couple of weeks prior to their wedding day to protect against unforeseen circumstances and unexpected and financial losses related to their wedding.
Problems a couple knew about before taking out the policy aren't covered and insurers won’t cover cancellations that are due to "cold feet".
Wedding insurance covers:
- Cancellation or postponement of wedding and/or reception (check your policy for full terms and conditions)
- Failure of wedding suppliers (including photographers and transport providers)
- Loss or damage to your wedding attire (wedding dress, groom’s suit, etc.)
- Loss or damage of wedding gifts, wedding rings, flowers, cake
- Personal liability (Bride & Groom Only)
- Personal accident
- Legal Expenses
- Marquee cover (optional usually with a separate premium)
- Public liability cover (optional usually with a separate premium)
A lot of policies will also cover weddings abroad, but all sections of the policy may may not be effective or in force for foreign weddings. It is generally a term of the policy that either the bride or groom is a permanent resident of Ireland to take the policy out. If you are getting married abroad, we would suggest that you take out suitable travel insurance too.
There are other policies available on the market, and you should check these out too, however, policies do vary in relation to what is covered and you should check carefully that the product provides the covers you are looking for.
Contact us for your Free No Obligation Consultation and quotation.
Our contact details are:
T: +353 45 878500
F: +353 45 876151