CAR HIRE EXCESS INSURANCE
Car Hire Excess Insurance protects you from the high excess amounts applied to comprehensive car insurance that you get when you hire a car abroad or at home.
So, What is Car Hire Excess Insurance and why you need it?
When hiring a car, most car rental companies provide comprehensive insurance which protects you against any costs that you would incur in the event of an accident or theft. However, most car rental companies include an excess on their car rental agreements. In the event of an accident or if the rental car is damaged or stolen, you will be liable for the initial portion of a loss or damage up to a specified amount on your car rental agreement. This could range from €500 up to €2,000+ and this charge may apply even if the damage is not your fault.
When you rent/hire a car in the USA or Canada, Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Supplementary Liability Insurance (SLI) may not be included. Very often, mandatory liability limits by State can be very low. The SLI insurance cover provided by this policy tops up the mandatory liability limits to $1,000,000.
So why choose this product?
- AIG have over 30 years experience in the Irish market
- Choice of Daily or Multi Trip options
- No Excess on damage done to the rental car including damage to wheels/tyres, windscreen, undercarriage and roof (subject to a limit of €4,000 per claim or €5,000 in any one period).
- Free Personal Accident coverage up to €40,000 as standard
- Coverage for up to 5 additional drivers who are named on the car rental agreement
- Coverage for fire, theft and vandalism
- Coverage for up to 60 consecutive days
- No exclusion for hiring from main residence
- Key cover included
- Personal effects cover included
There may be other policies available on the market, and you should check these out too, however, policies do vary in relation to what is covered and you should check carefully that the product provides the covers you are looking for.
Contact us for your Free No Obligation Consultation and quotation or to have your existing Car Hire Excess Insurance plan investigated for suitability. Our contact details are:
T: +353 45 878500
F: +353 45 876151